king chicken fans, do we have one chicken recipe you must try! Poulet à la crème (chicken with cream) is a French dish similar to our chicken a la king. It’s a classic comfort food dish made with chicken, cream and a little butter.
With this easy cream chicken recipe, you have the option of adding a few
vegetables – That is carrots Where potatoes. Be sure to cut them into very small dice so that they look at each other quickly. But it’s optional! Serve this creamy chicken recipe on rice or alone with a crispy French bread.
Type of cuisine: French
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total duration: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint (16 ounces) heavy cream
- 1-2 cups diced carrots or potatoes (optional)
Here’s how to do it:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in butter until browned on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. (If using potatoes or carrots, cook with the chicken.)
- Put the remaining butter in the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.