Chicken a la king lovers, do we have a chicken recipe you must try! Poulet à la crème (chicken with cream) is a French dish similar to our chicken a la king. It’s a classic comfort food made with chicken, cream and a little butter.
With this easy cream chicken recipe, you have the option of adding vegetables, either carrots or potatoes. Be sure to cut them into very small dice so that they look at each other quickly. But it’s optional! Serve this creamy chicken recipe over rice or on its own with crispy French bread.
Type of cuisine: French
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total duration: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint (16 ounces) heavy cream
- 1-2 cups diced carrots or potatoes (optional)
Here’s how to do it:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in butter until browned on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. (If using potatoes or carrots, cook with the chicken.)
- Put the remaining butter in the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Need help converting baking and baking measurements? Here are some practices kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds communityand follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.