It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that India is obsessed with chickpeas or chana, whether black or white. White chickpeas, also known as chole or chana, are mostly eaten as a curry or semi-dry, making them a great choice when planning a quintessential vegetarian lunch or dinner. But did you know that chana could also be used to make a myriad of snacks? It is actually a very popular ingredient in chat As aloo tikki, ragda and gol gappas. This cholé to chatter recipe from food vlogger and YouTuber Alpa celebrates chickpeas in all its glory. The mouth-watering mix of chutneys and masalas makes this a treat to remember.
(Also Read: Watch: Love Kacchi Kairi? Give It An Exotic Touch With This Easy Salad Recipe)
Masala Chole Chaat Recipe | How to make Masala Chole Chaat:
1. Take a little chole or Kabuli chana, soak them overnight to swell.
2. Remove excess water and boil chana in the stove.
3. Add water to the pressure cooker, cook under pressure until 3-4 whistles over medium heat. Remove excess water.
4. Make to chatter spice blend by combining red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, cumin powder, garam masala, rock salt, to chatter Masala. Add 3 tablespoons of water and mix well. Keep the spice blend aside.
5. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the cumin and chopped ginger, brown over medium heat.
6. Add the spice blend to the pan and cook over low heat until it releases oil.
7. Add boiled chana and mix well. Mix with the masalas until your chanas are well coated.
8. Add salt, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Transfer the chanas in a bowl, let it cool a bit.
10. Add boiled potatoes, chopped onions, chopped green peppers, chopped tomatoes, tamarind juice or imli ka paani or tamarind chutney, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice. Mix everything well.
You can add the vegetables of your choice. Since summer is upon us, a few chopped cucumbers could also be added to the chaat. Likewise, you can use any chutney or smear of your choice to suit your taste.
Watch the full video of the Masala Chole Chaat recipe here:
(Also read: Chicken Popcorn Cupcakes? KFC Shares This Savory Make-At-Home Dessert Recipe)
Try this recipe today and let us know how you liked it in the comments section below.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong fondness for food, Sushmita enjoys everything that is good, cheesy, and fatty. His other favorite pastime activities other than chatting about food include reading, watching movies, and frenzied TV shows.